Friday 12 March 2010

Where we are now

I've realized it's been a ridiculously long time since I've posted a blog, and with it becoming increasingly popular lately I decided to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon. Although I must admit I've been blogging since I was about 19 years old...anyway this is not a competition on how cool one is based on their blogging history.

Yet, I have no blogging agenda today or ideas about what I'd like to 'discuss' as my life has becoming increasingly boring, as the most exciting part of my day is deciding what to have for dinner. But, with this said our life has become crammed with wedding planning that has ceased to overwhelm us and that we have instead taken by the horns, not that our wedding grew horns, but...well I've never been good at figurative speaking.

Eureka moment! this blog will be about our upcoming wedding! I have just decided.
Well, not that anyone actually reads this but for those of you who do, you will know that R and I are getting married on the 4th of July; with me being American when I say this I usually hear the comment "oh how patriotic" well, I'm not incredibly patriotic, although I do like the idea of red, white and blue, parades and fireworks, but I've always been over the top.

Our wedding date was picked not because of my patriotism, but because it was close to my graduation date AND it's a day we'll always remember, I do also like the idea of always having a BBQ on our anniversary and of course...fireworks! Every year we will celebrate with strawberry cheesecake, over grilled barbecue chicken and perhaps too many cold beers, but it will always be a day to remember and I like that, I like that a lot.

I'm getting ahead of myself here, talking about anniversaries when we haven't even tied the knot yet. I will say that I do have my dream dress, the most fabulous shoes on earth, a fantastic florist, a photographer (eh I'll get into that another time), a delicious menu, someone to marry us, a venue, and of course someone to marry me. I always knew that if I wanted to get married none of the vendors would be a problem, but I'm happy that I've found someone who I want to marry, and who can actually stand the sight of me after five years. I will admit that I am incredibly annoying and dizzyingly hyperactive. I talk too much and I always have something to say, yet I've found the most incredible man who doesn't find these attributes annoying but charming. Please don't ask me how I've managed to find someone because I'm still asking myself the same question, what I do know is that we are VERY excited for our upcoming wedding and that spending forever together doesn't seem long enough.

I promise to make more out of this blog, and perhaps turn into a wedding blog (this idea has been in my head for a while) I quite like the idea of being a blogger, if only to give me something to talk about!

No comments: